Here’s what you will need for this project:
- - Kassa chalk marker
- - Kassa clear transfer tape
- - Gold adhesive foil or foiled star stickers
- - Scissors
- - Glass dome (available from most homeware stores, can even be a cake dome!)
- - Battery operated wire string lights (available from most homeware stores)
- - Alternatively Kmart sells pre wired string lights in a glass dome which you could also use
- - Credit card or a stiff piece of plastic
STEP ONE: Make sure the surface of the glass dome is clean.
STEP TWO: Take out your Kassa Chalk Marker and lovingly letter your Christmas message. I have written “Merry Christmas”. If you are using the white Kassa Chalk Marker, it may be helpful to put something coloured (like a tea towel or a Santa’s hat as I have done) to help you see what you are writing.
STEP THREE: Using a cutting machine, cut out your gold stars using adhesive foil. Alternatively, you may wish to use pre-cut foiled star stickers.
STEP FOUR: Cut a piece of Kassa clear transfer paper to the same size as your star adhesives. Peel off the backing paper from the piece of Kassa clear transfer paper, and carefully stick it over the star adhesives. Cut around the stars to separate them. Peel off the backing paper of the adhesives.
STEP FIVE: Being careful not to stick your transfer paper over your handwriting, adhere the clear transfer paper with the gold stars to your glass dome.
STEP SIX: To ensure that the adhesive is secure on your glass dome, use a firm but flexible plastic (like a credit card) to scrape on the adhesive, then peel off the Kassa transfer paper.
STEP SEVEN: Arrange your Wire String Lights to take up the space inside the glass dome.
STEP EIGHT: Turn on the lights and admire the magic!!